|Important things to consider when thinking about joining
Bethlehem Youth Court as a trained member:
- We ask that you commit to volunteering for at least 1 year.
- You will learn how to participate in Youth Court hearings in
the roles of: Judge, jury foreperson, defense attorney or
defense advocate, prosecutor or community advocate,
clerk, and victim advocate.
- You do not need to be good at public speaking to join youth court, but
you do need to be willing to get up and speak in front of your peers.
- Attendance at all training sessions is mandatory.
- Only 1 excused absence (equivalent to 2 hours) will be allowed.
- Perfect attendance awards will be given at the graduation ceremony.
- After you've graduated from the training, you'll be added to
the regular Youth Court schedule.
- Youth Court hearings are held on Thursday evenings.
- Availability and dependability are incredibly important.
- You will be part of a team, and your teammates will depend on you,
so being available for your scheduled hearings is crucial.
- You must have an active email account that you check