|Important things to consider when thinking about joining
Bethlehem Youth Court as a trained member:
- We ask that you commit to volunteering for at least 1 year.
- You will learn how to participate in Youth Court hearings
in the roles of: Judge, jury foreperson, defense attorney,
prosecutor, clerk, and victim advocate.
- You do not need to be good at public speaking to join youth court,
but you do need to be willing to get up and speak in front of your
- Attendance at all training sessions is mandatory.
- Only 1 excused absence (equivalent to 2 hours) will be allowed.
- Perfect attendance awards will be given at the graduation ceremony.
- After you've graduated from the training, you'll be added
to the regular Youth Court schedule.
- Youth Court hearings are held on Thursday evenings.
- Availability and dependability are incredibly important.
- You will be part of a team, and your teammates will depend on you,
so being available for your scheduled hearings is crucial.
- You must have an active email account.